Thursday, October 31, 2013

Trick-or-Treat



Happy Halloween! I have fond memories of trick-or-treating as a kid, but the best part was getting home and taking inventory of the treats that my sister and I collected. Although Resse's Peanut Butter Cups and Swedish Fish are delicious, here are some of my favorite grown-up confections:
  • La-Dee-Dahs: Handmade swirls of white chocolate nougat and sea salt caramel are dipped in dark chocolate. This is WAY better than a Milky Way!
  • Chicken Bones: These are a bit of a throwback. They remind me of the candies that my grandfather kept in a jar next to his favorite recliner. Despite the bizarre name, these are crunchy bites of peanut butter, butterscotch, and coconut are undeniably delicious.
  • Vosges Exotic Truffles (pictured): Using unique flavors like sweet Indian curry, green olives, and absinthe, these truffles are worth tasting! I also highly recommend Mo's Milk Bar. Bacon and chocolate? Yes, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment