Monday, November 25, 2013

A Thanksgiving Feast


It's hard to believe that we're nearing the end of November and Thanksgiving is this week! Neal and I will be spending the holiday with his family this year, and I've been pouring through recipes trying to decide what to bring along.

In my family, Thanksgiving usually means a big party with a lot of food. My dad smokes a turkey outside, which frees up oven space in the house so there's plenty of time to make several side dishes. With that in mind, I've put together a full menu for the most delightful Thanksgiving feast you could imagine!

Appetizers:
Parmesan-Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon
Cheese Plate with Crackers and Olives
Spiced Pecans

Main Dish:
Smoked Turkey
Herb and Apple Stuffing

Side Dishes:
Cranberry and Dried Cherry Relish
Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
Garlic String Beans
Potato Fennel Gratin
Celery Root, Sweet Potato, and Quinoa Crumble

Sweet Treats:
Banana Pumpkin Mousse Tart
Brown Butter Snickerdoodles

I'll be making a few of these dishes, but I hope you'll try a recipe or two and let me know how it goes!


3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Lauren and Neal. All your recipes look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I'm excited to start cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try a new recipe that I picked up at... Trader Joes! It was one of their sample dishes last week, and it was delicious - sweet potato/green bean casserole. One dish! Who knew!?

    ReplyDelete