A friend of mine recently asked for some easy recipes and tips for making food taste good (I think she's had a few kitchen disasters). Since she's a novice cook, I passed along this no-fail fish recipe from the Barefoot Contessa. It only takes ten minutes to make and it's sure to impress!
What You'll Need:
4 (8 ounce) fish fillets (choose a flaky white fish like Red Snapper, Trout, or Sea Bass)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 ounces creme fraiche
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
2 tablespoons minced shallots
2 teaspoons drained capers
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper (or use a baking dish). Place the fish on the pan, skin side down. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine the creme fraiche, two mustards, shallots, capers, 1tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper in a small bowl.
- Spoon this sauce evenly over the fish fillets, making sure the fish is completely covered. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish (But don't overcook!). The fish should flake easily at the thickest part when it's done.
- Serve the fish at room temperature with a bit of the sauce spooned over the top.