Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Girl Power at Las Olas Surf Safaris


I heard about Las Olas Surf Safaris a few years ago, and I'm dying to go! Founded in 1997 by Bev Sanders, this "camp" is one-of-a-kind. Each day combines surfing lessons, yoga, delicious meals, and activities (read: making the perfect margarita, releasing baby sea turtles, salsa dancing, and spanish lessons) that, as their slogan says, make girls out of women.

The all-female crew of instructors have introduced thousands of women to the sport of surfing in a no-pressure, nonjudgemental environment. I've surfed before (and I LOVE it), but these days most of my surfing is on the web. I could definitely use some girl power in the warm waters of Mexico!

Las Olas is definitely on my list of warm-weather travel destinations. If you want to check it out too, here's a link to their site: www.surflasolas.com.

1 comment: