What You'll Need:
1/2 pound bacon, chopped (I like the Oscar Meyer brand because it gets perfectly crisp)
1 T chopped garlic
Fresh ground black pepper
1 pound spaghetti noodles (I like Tinkyada brand's gluten free option), cooked al dente
4 large eggs, beaten
1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1 T finely chopped parsley leaves
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy (about 6 min). Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.Pour off most of the oil, reserving about 3 tablespoons in the pan (just eyeball it- a little extra won't be awful).
- Add the garlic and a couple grinds of fresh black pepper. Saute for about 30 seconds before adding the bacon and the pasta back to the pan.
- Season the eggs with a sprinkle of salt (remember, they're not in the pan yet). Remove the pan from heat and add the eggs, whisking quickly until the eggs thicken, but do not scramble.
- Add the cheese and re-season as necessary.
- Serve the pasta up into individual bowls and garnish with the parsley. Ta-da!