What You'll Need:
3 cups sugar
1.5 cups vegetable oil
1 Tbsp vanilla
3 cups Gluten Free flour
1 Tbsp baking soda
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1.5 cups walnuts, chopped
1.5 cups grated sweetened coconut
3/4 cup crushed pineapple in pineapple juice
1 blocks of Philadelphia cream cheese (8oz.)
2 sticks of butter
4 cups Confectioner's sugar
- Combine the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, pineapple, and vanilla. Mix well. These are your wet ingredients.
- Pulse the carrots in a food processor until they are almost pureed.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, carrot puree, walnuts, and coconut. These are your dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until combined.
- Pour the cake batter into 2 greased cake pans or cupcake pans. This recipe made about 2.5 dozen cupcakes for me.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-40 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes cool, whip up the frosting by combining the softened 2 sticks of butter and 1 block of cream cheese in a mixer. Add the confectioners sugar (and vanilla if you desire) until it tastes just right. There's no science to this part, just make it taste good!
- Frost the cupcakes when cool and enjoy.