|Original Recipe from BakeCakery.com|
What You'll Need:
1 lb. GF penne or rigatoni noodles
2 tbsp olive oil
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
1/4 tsp salt
Fresh black pepper
1 small yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into long thin slices
1 red bell pepper, cut into long thin slices
1 c. broccoli florets
1 c. asparagus, chopped into 1" pieces (get rid of the woody parts at the bottom or trim the stems)
1 c. grape tomatoes, halved
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp GF flour
2 c. half and half
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 c. Feta cheese
- Cook the pasta and let it drain.
- Sprinkle the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the chicken until golden on all sides. Remove it and let rest in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining olive oil and saute the onion for 2 min. Add the garlic and bell pepper and saute for another 2 min. Toss in the broccoli and asparagus, letting them soften. Add the tomatoes last, then remove the veggie mix from heat and add it to the bowl with the chicken.
- Make the sauce in the same pan you cooked everything else in (save dishes!). Start by melting the butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour to create a roux.
- Slowly add the half and half while stirring (to prevent clumps). Sprinkle the red pepper flakes into the mix and let it come to a boil.
- When the sauce begins to boil, turn off the heat and add the feta cheese. Stir until melty.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and stir it until all the noodles are coated.
- Add the veggies to the mix and enjoy!