|Recipe adapted from DamnDelicious.com|
What You'll Need:
5 cups cooked quinoa (about 1.5 cups dry)
2-3 cups broccoli florets, cooked (not mushy!)
2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 1/2 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp flour
2 1/4 cup skim milk
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup Gluten Free Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 in. baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs and cook until they're brown and toasted. Don't forget to stir them a few times. Once they're ready (Note: this step takes about 3 min), set them aside.
- Head the remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil in the skillet. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and then place them in the skillet. Cook, flipping once, until they're done.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and allow it to cool while you melt butter in the skillet over medium heat. Whisk in the flour until lightly browned.
- Add the milk to the skillet and continue whisking constantly until the mixture becomes slightly thickened. When the milk/flour mixture is ready, whisk in 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese and the Greek yogurt. This is your cheese sauce!
- Dice up the chicken breasts and then add the chicken, quinoa, and broccoli (cut up into small pieces) to the cheese sauce. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 1 1/2 cups of cheddar on top. Bake for about 5 min or until the cheese is melt-y.
- Take the dish out of the oven (carefully) and top with the toasted breadcrumbs. Voila!