If you're in a similar position and you want to whip up something sweet, start with a generic cookie dough. From there, you can add whatever sounds good to you (or whatever is available!).
What You'll Need:
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 stick Crisco Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 3/4 cups GF Flour
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
Stuff to throw in- your choice!
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the brown sugar, shortening, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg to the shortening mixture and beat well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the bowl and mix until just blended.
- Mix in your favorite things or whatever you have on hand. I used a tiny handful of mini chocolate chips, a cup of shredded coconut, a handful of butterscotch chips, and a small sprinkling of sliced almonds.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the dough onto your prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 min or until golden brown.
- Cool for 2 min before moving the cookies from a baking sheet to a cooling rack (or to your mouth!).