|GirlCooksWorld's version of this recipe|
Here's a recipe for a frozen key lime pie, courtesy of the Barefoot Contessa.
What You'll Need:
1 1/2 cups GF graham cracker crumbs
3/4 cup sugar
6 Tbsp butter, melted
6 large egg yolks
1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsp grated lime zest
3/4 cup freshly squeezed key lime juice (6-7 key limes)
1 cup cold heavy cream
1/4 tsp pure vanilla
Thin lime wedges for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the crust by combining the graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and melted butter in a small bowl. Press it into a 9-inch pie pan, ensuring that the sides and bottom are evenly thick.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then allow it to cool completely as you make the filling.
- Beat egg yolks with 1/4 cup sugar on high speed with a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Add the condensed milk, lime zest, and lime juice to the egg mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and freeze.
- When the pie filling is set, decorate it. To make the topping, beat heavy cream on high speed in a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Allow soft peaks to form, then add 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 tsp vanilla. Continue beating until firm peaks form.
- Pipe the decoration onto the pie and pop it back into the freezer overnight.