What You'll Need:
2 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
3 jalapeños, chopped (if you want a more mild dish, remove the seeds)
1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
3 oz (1/2 block) reduced fat cream cheese
1 Tbsp chopped scallions
6-8 thin cut boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
1/2 cup Gluten Free panko breadcrumbs (or regular breadcrumbs if you love gluten)
Juice of 1 lime
1 Tbsp olive oil
Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chopped jalapeños, chopped scallions, and crumbled bacon. Set aside.
- Combine lime juice and olive oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Pour the breadcrumbs in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with pepper.
- Place some of the cream cheese mixture in the center of a chicken breast (eyeball it). Roll up the chicken and secure it with a toothpick.
- Dip the chicken in your prepared lime juice/olive oil and then roll it in the breadcrumbs. Place it in the prepared baking dish.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 with remaining chicken breasts.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, then serve immediately.
Tip: I served mine with a kale and spinach salad with fresh buttermilk ranch dressing. It was healthy and delicious!