Friday, May 23, 2014

Orinoco

Photo from Confessionsofachocoholic.com
Orinoco is one of my favorite South End dinner spots. It might be because I used to live close by (convenience is always nice), but Orinoco has incredibly delicious, simple food that keeps me coming back.

Neal and I recently met up with some friends at the South End location (they also have a restaurant in Brookline Village). We dined on Arepas (traditional Venezuelan grilled corn pocket sandwiches stuffed with homemade cheese, plantains, and meat) and sampled several Antojitos while catching up over some cold beers. Everyone left feeling full and happy, and I can't wait to go back!

Next time you're in the South End, walk down to Shawmut Ave and check it out.

If you can't make it all the way to Boston's South End, I highly recommend trying some Arepas at home (they're my favorite thing at Orinoco and a naturally gluten free food!). I like this recipe from Gluten Free Girl and the Chef.

Arepas from GlutenfreeGirl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment