What You'll Need:
1.5-2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
Fresh ground black pepper
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup tomato paste
3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp water
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp Sriracha hot chili sauce
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup water
Sesame seeds for garnish
3 cups cooked quinoa
1 head iceberg lettuce
- Place the chicken in the crockpot and season with black pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the honey, tomato paste, rice wine vinegar, garlic, 1 Tbsp water, sesame oil, onion powder, and hot chili sauce.
- Pour the sauce mix over the chicken and cook on LOW for about 4 hours. While the chicken's cooking, make your quinoa if you haven't already.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the sauce and shred it with a fork (it will fall apart).
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup of water. Pour the cornstarch mix into the crockpot sauce. Cook on HIGH for about 20 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- After 20 minutes, add the chicken back to the sauce and mix well. Keep the crockpot on a WARM setting until you're ready to serve.
- Clean the iceberg lettuce and trim off the end. This will allow you to peel pieces away, creating lettuce wraps.
- Add some quinoa, chicken, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds to a lettuce wrap and you're ready to eat!