Monday, May 12, 2014

Washington, DC: Birch & Barley

Image from Washingtonian.com
Heading to DC this spring? Check out Birch & Barley on 14th Street near Logan Circle. The restaurant is known for their local flavors and large collection of artisanal beers (they have over 555), but they're also very accommodating to food sensitivities/allergies and everything is absolutely delicious. In fact, dining at Birch & Barley has probably been my best restaurant experience since going gluten free.

Last time I was there, I dined on a fig and prosciutto chickpea flatbread, followed by incredible roast duck. Although Neal was sipping a glutinous brew, I had a whole page of GF beers to choose from, plus the waiter brought out a charcuterie board for us to sample. Typically, the pre-dinner breadbasket and snacks are off-limits, but everything on the charcuterie board (including the bread) was gluten free (and incredibly yummy). I left feeling full and happy, and I can't wait to go back!

The menu changes regularly, but you can't go wrong. Make a reservation, enjoy a delicious meal, then head to Churchkey (the bar upstairs) for another drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment