|Table-scape Inspiration from Pinterest|
|Watermelon Stars, Pinterest|
- Caprese Salad Skewers
- Fresh Grilled Lobster with Drawn Butter
- Beef Hot Dogs on Split Top Buns (for lobster-haters)
- French Potato Salad
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Watermelon Stars (use a cookie cutter)
- Cornmeal Berry Sheet Cake- Check back tomorrow for the recipe!
- Fill jars or small vases with red gerbera or other red, white, and blue flowers. Make sure not to over-do it because flower attract bugs.
- Set the table in red, white and blue hues. Inexpensive bandanas from a craft store make great napkins and will feel slightly more upscale than the paper variety.
- Use lanterns and bug-repelling column candles to set the scene and keep pests at bay.
- Mason jars make great glassware for an outdoor party, and guests can take them home at the end of the night if they choose.
- If you're going to use disposable products, shop Susty Party for sustainable, compostable plates, cups and utensils. The wooden cutlery is much more impressive than the plastic stuff you can buy at the grocery store!
- Stringing lights above the table or hanging lanterns in the trees will give your event an upscale, special feel (even if it is just a backyard BBQ!).
Don't forget to buy some sparklers and scope out a spot to watch the fireworks! Let the countdown to the weekend begin...