This weekend was full of puppy kisses and snuggles, but we didn't get out much. So, instead of going to Orinoco for a fun dinner out (it's one of our favorites), we cooked some venezuelan-inspired food at home. I tried Skinnytaste.com's baked to stones (plantain chips), and they were a huge hit.
What You'll Need:
2 Green Plantains
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and spray a baking sheet with the cooking spray. Set aside.
- Score the plantains on two sides (cutting through the skin) and microwave on high for about 4 minutes. The plantains will turn hot and black.
- While hot, peel the plantains and slice them into 1/2 inch thick slices. With the bottom of a mason jar or some other flat object, press each slice to flatten. This must be done while they're hot!
- Line the smushed plantains in a single layer on your baking sheet, spray with more cooking spray, and generously sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until crisp (flipping them once halfway through for even browning).
- Serve warm!