I love taking advantage of seasonal produce and whipping up delicious dishes, but in the warmer months I also love taking advantage of the sun and don't want to be in the kitchen all day. This pasta dish is quick and captures the fresh summer flavors of zucchini, corn, and basil- plus the recipe includes bacon!
What You'll Need:
1 lb GF Brown Rice Pasta
3 ears of corn, kernels cut from the cob (in a pinch, substitute frozen corn)
3-4 zucchini, chopped into 1/2 in pieces
1/2 lb bacon
1 7-oz container basil pesto
Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese for topping
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until crisp in a skillet. Drain the bacon on paper towels until cool.
- Add vegetables to the pasta for the last 2 minutes of cooking. You heard that right- we're minimizing dishes.
- Drain the pasta and veggies in a colander, reserving about 1/8 cup of the pasta water for later.
- Return the pasta and veggies to the bowl and mix in the pesto. Use the 1/8 cup of pasta water to add creaminess to the pesto sauce. Trust me, it's delish!
- Crumble the bacon on top of the pasta and veggies and stir to mix.
- Serve with fresh ground black pepper and top with grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese for an extra kick.