Monday, June 16, 2014

Recipe: Salsa


After awesome Watermelon Margaritas this weekend, I started the Whole 30 Program. For 30 days I'm pushing the "reset" button and choosing whole, healthy foods (even when traveling for work!). I promise not to bore you with too many details, but I wanted to share this recipe for salsa that has added a lot of flavor and fun to my first few Whole 30 meals. It's great with tortilla chips too!

What You'll Need:
3 cans of Rotel Original diced tomatoes with chiles
1 jalepeno, seeded and chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic, diced
2-3 Tbsp cilantro
1-2 limes
Kosher Salt

Directions:
  1. Combine the tomatoes, jalepeno and garlic in a food processor. Blend.
  2. Add the cilantro, a sprinkle of salt, and the juice of one lime. Blend and taste.
  3. Continue adding the salt and lime, then blending, until it tastes just right. 
  4. Store in the fridge overnight to let the flavors mix. Serve and enjoy!
I used the salsa to top an egg white and avocado scramble, and it was absolutely delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment