Thursday, June 12, 2014

Susty Party


A Susty Party Brunch!
Although I love china patterns (see yesterday's post), summertime BBQs and outdoor parties often call for paper products. I recently heard about Susty Party, and their products are cute enough to make any outdoor get-together a huge success. To learn more about how Susty Party and their products, I reached out to founders Emily and Jessica. 


Q: Tell me about yourselves! How did Susty Party get started?
A: I’m Emily. I started Susty Party because I’m an environmentalist who loves a great party! However, the party and event industry is a huge contributor to waste in the US. Every year, hundreds of billions of disposable tableware items are discarded. As an Environmental Studies grad from Oberlin College, and as a dancer, musician and entertainer, I’ve always felt: in order to change the world, throw a better party!

I’m Jessica. When I ran into Emily at – where else, a party – I was looking to leave my Wall Street job, and put my Harvard economics degree to use creating a conscious business that was good for people and the planet. We wanted to turn sustainability into a celebration. So, SustyParty was born. Every day, we love growing our business to make the world a better place, and throw a better party. Respect Earth and Party On!


Q: What makes your products so different from other party supplies out there?
A:  Our products are compostable, renewable, non-toxic, made in North America, and support jobs for the blind. Susty Party products are made from plants! But not just any plant, we carefully choose materials that are renewable resources: rapidly growing plants or trees sustainably managed via FSC or SFI certification. None of our products are made from non-renewable resources such as petroleum-based plastics. It is important to us that we use the earth’s resources responsibly by only using what can be replenished. 

Q: What products do you offer?
A:  Wood cutlery, paper cups, recycled napkins, paper straws, party picks, bioplastic tablecloths, plates, and bowls. 

I'm going to order one of Susty Party's party packs for my next outdoor fling. I can't wait to try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment