Last night's dinner was one of my favorite Whole 30- friendly dishes so far: Thai Garlic Shrimp. Adapted from a recipe on Skinnytaste.com, this dish is packed with protein, veggies, and oh-so-yummy coconut milk. Read on for the recipe. It's a definite repeat in our house!
What You'll Need:
1-2 lbs peeled, deveined shrimp
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large red bell pepper, sliced thin
4 scallions, sliced thin, white and green parts separated
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1.5 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (Or dice your own. 2-3 should do the trick.)
14.5 oz. can coconut milk
Juice of 1 lime
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan and add the bell pepper slices. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the white parts of the scallions along with garlic. Cook until it's aromatic.
- Add the crushed red pepper flakes, diced tomatoes, and the coconut milk. Stir and allow the mixture to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and the lime juice.
- Continue cooking for about 5 minutes, then serve hot.
We ate our shrimp straight out of the bowl, but this would also be delicious served over rice (to soak up the delicious sauce!). My kitchen helper below thought the shrimp smelled pretty amazing, and I think you'll like it too...
|Brady, my Sous-Chef|