I love quick breads, and we often have over-ripe bananas around the house, so banana bread is a great way to use them up! This recipe from Damn Delicious incorporates blueberries, giving a summery twist to a year-long favorite. As the blog name implies, it is Damn Delicious!
What You'll Need:
1 3/4 cups Gluten Free all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray 4 mini loaf pans with non-stick spray.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in the bowl of a large mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Add the eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla to the butter mixture and continue mixing.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on medium speed until just combined.
- Fold in the fresh blueberries, being careful not to pop them!
- Evenly distribute the batter among the 4 prepared mini loaf pans and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring it to wire racks. If you can wait, allow it to cool for about 15 more minutes on the wire rack before you taste it!