Friday, July 11, 2014

Mani/Pedi Party


I'm looking forward to a mani/pedi tonight at Miniluxe Newbury with some of my favorite friends. Instead of simply getting pampered at the end of a long week, we're making it a party! I'm packing Sofia Sparkling wine and some cute paper straws. Let the celebration begin!

If you want to have some girly fun with a mani/pedi party of your own, try a group booking at your favorite salon or stock up on the essentials and have a DIY party at home. Here's what you need:

For the Nails
Cuticule Oil
Cuticule Pusher, one per person
Luxurious Lotion (We're re-creating a spa experience!)
Nail Clippers
Files, one per person
Toe Separators, one per person
Colored polish (Variety is good!)
Base Coat
Top Coat
Nail Polish Remover
Cotton Balls
Q-tips

If you're having several guests, consider buying manicure kits for each individual. They make a fun little party favor, and it keeps things more sanitary if you're not sharing tools.

Snacks
You'll be busy painting your nails and sipping sparkly cocktails, so keep the food simple. Chocolate dipped strawberries, roasted tomato bruschetta, and smoked salmon on mini bagels or toast points will all pair well with champagne or sparkling wine.

Tip: Avoid any snacks that require you to dip your hand into a bowl (i.e. chips, popcorn, snack mix). It's a recipe for messed up nails and polish-coated treats... yuck!

Drinks
Luckily, a champagne flute is easy to hold even if your nails are still drying. Keep things feminine and choose a rose sparkling wine or take my lead and sip little cans of Sophia Sparkling wine.

Salon-Style Accessories
Although this DIY spa night is a perfect opportunity for girl-talk, you may want to stock up on some trashy magazines. People Magazine, US Weekly, and Cosmopolitan are salon staples and I know I love catching up on Hollywood gossip while I get my nails done. Don't deprive your guests of this guilty pleasure!

A few pairs of extra sandals are another great addition. Nobody wants to put time into painting their toes only to have the polish wrinkled by their wedges later in the night!



2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love mani-pedi parties. Your post made me reminiscent of the first mani-pedi party I attended back when I was a teen. It was disguised as a slumber party and it was so fun. You had me want to set up a party of my own with my lady friends. Hahaha! Thank you for sharing that list of part essentials! All the best to you!

    Lillia Valle @ La Fleur

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lillia! I had so much fun at the mani/pedi party I hosted in July, and the little Sofia Sparkling Wines were the perfect addition. It was a very grown-up girls night :).

    ReplyDelete