Friday, July 4, 2014

Watermelon Raspberry Lemonade

Naturally Sweetened Lemonade from Gourmande in the Kitchen
Happy 4th of July! I'm in the middle of the Whole 30, so I won't be imbibing in beer, sangria, or even sweet tea today. Instead, I'm going to give this naturally-sweetened watermelon raspberry lemonade a try.

What You'll Need: 
2lb seedless watermelon, cubed
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (8-10 lemons)
1 cup coconut water
Kosher salt
Crushed ice for serving

Directions:
  1. In a food processor or blender, combine the watermelon, raspberries and lemon juice and blend until smooth. 
  2. Press through a mesh filter (to remove the seeds) and transfer to a large pitcher. Add the coconut water and stir to combine.
  3. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
  4. Pour over ice in glasses and top with a little bit of sparkling water. If you'd prefer vodka in your lemonade, that would work too!
  5. Finish each glass with a pinch of salt and garnish with lemon slices or extra raspberries.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... It would be so yummy to drink. I will definitely try this and share in write my essay. I will make for my family and friends also. It is a perfect drink in the watermelon season.

    ReplyDelete