Breakfast sandwiches are a go-to on lazy Sunday mornings. Although there's a coffee shop nearby that serves up lox on gluten free bagels, I often have sandwich-envy when I see Neal's egg sandwiches on delicious warm biscuits. My mission: recreate the sandwich at home, in a gluten-free version.
I whipped up a batch of biscuits this weekend using gluten-free Bisquick (yep, they make it!), and they were fantastic. Add some scrambled eggs and a heavy sprinkle of cheese and you've got a delicious and filling gluten-free breakfast sandwich!
What You'll Need:
2 cups gluten free Bisquick
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup butter flavored Crisco
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Cut the shortening into the bisquick until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the milk and eggs and combine until moist.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of the biscuit mix onto your prepared baking sheet. You should be able to make 8-10 biscuits.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until just golden brown. Try to wait a minute before serving- it will be hard because they smell so yummy!