Monday, September 15, 2014

Bedding on a Budget

Decorating a new place is fabulously fun, but moving is expensive. I recently spotted a bed that I LOVED at Loft Home in Austin, but after adding up all of the pieces, the price tag was a bit prohibitive.  I am not typically a frugal shopper, but rather than splurge, I challenged myself to recreate this look for less.

My inspiration @ Loft Home
I've been carrying around the above photo as I shop around, and I've had some great success. My first find was a blue patterned quilt on Rue La La. It's not a duvet cover like the beautiful one at Loft, but it has a similar pattern.

My Rue La La Find
I also found a great navy patterned sheet set at Target. The pattern isn't an exact match, but it looks great with the beautiful Hudson Park navy duet set that I picked up on sale at Bloomingdale's Home. Plus, the price tag was less than $50, which is a steal compared to the $455 price tag on the John Robshaw set at Loft Home.

Navy Sheets from Target
To add a pop of color and another pattern, I've been scoring Etsy.com for the perfect throw pillows. I like the look of some of these:

Navy and Coral Pillowcases on Etsy.com
The look is coming together, and it all looks great on the Nailhead Upholstered Headboard/Frame that we purchased from West Elm. Once I've completed the look, I'll post some pictures and you can let me know what you think. After the bed is complete, a bar cart is my next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment