Tuesday, September 16, 2014

DIY Market Tote


If you're shopping in Austin, you'll quickly realize that everyone shops with their own adorable market bags and reusable totes. In 2013, the city of Austin banned all single-use bags (like the plastic bags you get at the grocery store), so carrying your own tote is more than just trendy.

My entryway closet holds an odd collection of random bags we've acquired from different retailers, but this weekend I decided to kick it up a notch and create some cute DIY totes for our future shopping trips.

Brushes, Canvas Totes, and Fabric Paint
I was quick to dive in and freehand a floral pattern while Neal took a bit more time and precision creating geometric shapes.

My Flowers
Neal's Work-in-Progress
The finished products turned out great, and I'm excited to use them on our next trip to the farmer's market or the mall. 

My Finished Product

No comments:

Post a Comment