|Yummy Steak at Sullivan's- One of my favorites!|
What You'll Need:
8-12oz Grass-fed fillet (or whatever steak you choose- a ribeye would also be great)
Freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp butter (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Place an oven-safe skillet in the oven to preheat for 5-10 min.
- Using oven mitts (be careful!), transfer the skillet to the stovetop and heat over medium heat.
- Coat the steak liberally with oil and season with salt and pepper. Don't skimp! You're creating a delicious, peppery crust.
- Place the steak onto the skillet and cook, turning once, until well-charred. This will take 3-5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the skillet back into the oven and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the steak and let it sit for about 5-7 minutes before serving (if it's already at your desired done-ness, remove it from the hot pan).
- Top with melted butter and an additional grind of fresh pepper before serving.
I like to serve mine with sautéed mushrooms and onions in a garlic/red wine reduction. It sounds fancy, but you simply need to sauté mushrooms and onions with a bit of garlic and red wine. Let it cook down (the "reduction" part) until the onions and mushrooms begin to caramelize.
If you need a steakhouse-style side dish, try these crispy roasted brussels sprouts. They're healthy and amazingly delicious. If you don't like brussels sprouts, you might be converted!
p.s. When you're trying this recipe, don't forget a great glass of full-bodied red wine or a gin martini with blue cheese olives. It will help to create the steakhouse ambiance!