Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Book Club Brunch

I love to read, and I recently joined a book club in Austin so that I could meet a few friends as I adjust to life in a new city. We're reading Oryx and Crake, by Margaret Atwood, and although I have yet to dive into the book, I have been thinking about how fun it's going to be to invite my new friends over for a book club brunch. I've rounded up everything you'll need to have one of your own:

Pinterest

Decor
It's fall, so keep your table setting seasonal and simple like the photo above. I love hollowed out pumpkins filled with a simple floral arrangement. If you're feeling crafty, they make a super easy centerpiece that's sure to wow your guests. 


Menu
Brunch food is delicious, but cold scrambled eggs are not. Choose menu items that you can prep in advance so that all the food is on the table by the time your guests arrive. You can focus on the book (or whatever else your group likes to gab about) rather than running around in the kitchen trying to pull everything together.  



Want to keep it fall-themed? Try these dishes:

French Pressed Coffee
Selection of Teas
Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice

Topics of Conversation
In a book club, most conversation begins with discussion of the book. Not sure how to get it going? Try these tips from Lit Lovers on how to lead a book club discussion. I love when talk begins to stray from the book and we move onto other topics, so start with the book discussion, but don't take it too seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment