|No need to scoop out pumpkin innards for this recipe- the canned stuff will do!|
What You'll Need:
1 lb canned pumpkin
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 cups low sodium chicken stock
3 cups raw kale, center ribs removed
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 medium white onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
1 cup edamame
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot and sauté the onion until tender.
- Add the chicken stock, kale, carrots, celery, corn, edamame, and sweet potatoes.
- Bring to soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 25-30 min.
- Stir in the pumpkin and nutmeg, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes longer, then serve hot. Enjoy!
I'm whipping up a big pot of this for dinner tonight- it makes great leftovers, or you can freeze the extra soup for later when you need a quick and easy dinner.