I absolutely love autumn, even in Texas where the temperatures are still in the mid-80s. Fall is full of coziness- sweaters, cider doughnuts, and cool nights that make you night snuggling on the couch totally irresistible. I'm planning to watch a movie and chill tonight with this delicious and simple apple crisp. The smell of the crisp baking in the oven is incredibly yummy, and the crisp itself does not disappoint!
What You'll Need:
7-8 Granny Smith Apples
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 Tsp cinnamon
1 Tsp salt
1 cup Old Fashioned rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup All Purpose Gluten Free flour
1 cup cold butter, cut into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the apples thin. I left the peels on mine, but you can peel them if you'd prefer.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of the salt over the sliced apples. Toss to coat.
- Grease a baking dish and fill it with the apples.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, flour, and butter. Toss with your hands until the oats have combined with the sugar, flour and butter. Note: I added an extra sprinkle of cinnamon and it was yummy.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture on top of the apples and bake for 30-45 min. The oats on top will get crispy and the apples will cook all the way through.
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before you dig in.
- Special topping: Add a giant scoop of vanilla ice cream before serving. If you want to skip it, go ahead, but it's EXTRA delicious!