Dallas is destination full of fun restaurants and fabulous shops, but if you're in the area and are looking for something fun to do, the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden is a must. I visited the Autumn at the Arboretum festival this weekend and took in the fall foliage, along with hundreds of pumpkins in the Pumpkin Village.
Pumpkins and gourds dominated the landscape, but the Arboretum is beautiful year-round. Stroll the grounds and check out the Women's Garden, take in some water lilies, or enjoy one of their many seasonal displays.
Ready to make a day of it? You can stroll through the gardens in just a few hours, but if you bookmark your adventure with some delicious meals and other Dallas fun, your day will fly by.
1-Day Dallas Itinerary:
- Start the day with a delicious breakfast and a frosty glass of grapefruit juice at Craft Dallas. The elegant dishes will have you in a Dallas state of mind and ready to take on the day.
- Make your way to the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden and work off that breakfast as you take in the scenery. A few hours is more than enough, but don't rush- the views of the Dallas skyline are beautiful and there are plenty of unique plants to explore.
- When you've had your fill of ferns and fiddleheads, stop for lunch at Mesomaya. Don't forget a yummy avocado margarita!
- A day in Dallas wouldn't be complete without some shopping. Swing by Stanley Korshak for some upscale browsing, or head over to Northpark Center, which has something for everyone. If shopping isn't your thing, check out the Dallas Museum of Art.
- For dinner and drinks, pop over to Uptown and find a place to park. There are tons of trendy bars and restaurants to keep you busy in this quickly-changing neighborhood.