I whipped up a batch of fudge pecan brownies this week because my team at work earned some major brownie points. Let's be honest- real brownies are always better than verbal kudos. These are rich, easy to make, and gluten free... give the recipe a try next time you need a reward!
What You'll Need:
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp coarse salt
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cups sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8 inch square baking dish and line with parchment, leaving a 2 inch overhang on all sides.
- Whisk together the cornstarch, cocoa, and salt.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, microwave the butter and chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla, the add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir vigorously until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in pecans, then pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, or about 35 minutes.
- Allow the pan to cool on a wire rack, then use the parchment overhang to lift the brownies out of the pan and cut them into squares.