Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Crazy for Cranberries

I'm not a huge fan of cranberry sauce, but cranberries are a Thanksgiving tradition, so this year I'm attempting to get creative as I work them into our meal.

Pinterest
1. Make a cranberry cocktail. Vodka with cranberry is a go-to drink for many, but this recipe kicks it up a notch.

What You'll Need:
2 cups apple cider
2 cups cranberry juice (use the real stuff in lieu of cranberry juice cocktail if you can)
100 ml vodka (your choice)
2 cups ginger ale
Ice and cranberries for serving

Directions:

  • Mix the cider, cranberry juice, and vodka in a large pitcher. Add the ginger ale. Pour into glasses filled with ice and top with a festive cranberry skewer. 

Pinterest
2. Create a tablescape with cranberries. They look absolutely beautiful surrounding pillar candles in glasses vases. 

Pinterest
3. This is similar to my #2, but I love the way the cranberries complement the colors of fall florals. Try this option if you're adding flowers to your table or need a hostess gift. 

We'll probably whip up some actual cranberry sauce, just for tradition (and because it makes a tasty spread on your post-Thanksgiving sandwiches), but I think the cranberry cocktails will be the highlight for me!

1 comment: