Friday, November 7, 2014

Taco Town

Image from bonappetit.com
Neal and I have been having fun exploring Austin, and I thought we had sampled some of the best tacos the city has to offer, but I was wrong! Bon Appetit published this list of where to find the best tacos in Austin, and I'm ashamed to say that I've only sampled two of the ten. It looks like it's time for a taco crawl! Here's what's on the list:

  1. Barbacoa de chivo, La Fruta Feliz
  2. Carnitas, QC Meat Market
  3. Al Pastor, La Flor
  4. Smoked Brisket, Valentina's Tex Mex BBQ
  5. Al Pastor, Rosita's Al Pastor
  6. Birria, El Borrego de Oro
  7. Cabeza de Rez, Taco More (Parkfield Dr.)
  8. Tortas De Coliflor, Papalote Taco House
  9. Migas, Veracruz All Natural
  10. Akaushi PIcadillo, Tacodeli
I'm not sure that I can indulge in ten tacos all at once, but with a wide range of options on the list it seems reasonable to start the days with some migas (number 9) and work our way around the city. Challenge accepted!

1 comment: