Monday, November 3, 2014

Working Ahead

Image from Martha Stewart Living, November 2014
My weekend was all about working ahead. I got some work done for my full-time job, did a bit of cleaning, and cooked up some chicken noodle soup, cauliflower chowder, and marinara sauce so that our freezer is stocked and ready for some easy weeknight meals. I love to prep things in advance and get my week in order before Monday rolls around, so I was excited to see this recipe for Homemade Baking Mix in Martha Stewart Living this month. Having this mix on hand will let you whip up fresh-from-the oven biscuits, scones, or muffins at a moment's notice- no need to wake up early or slave away in the kitchen when you get home from work!

What You'll Need:
2 sticks frozen unsalted butter, grated
6 cups all-purpose flour (I use a gluten-free version)
3 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp coarse salt
2 Tbsp plus 2 tsp baking powder

Directions:
  1. Sift the sugar, flour, salt and baking powder together. 
  2. Stir in the grated butter. 
  3. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 month or freeze up to 3 months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment