|Recipe and Image from Damn Delicious|
What You'll Need:
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly toast the almonds by spreading them in an even layer on your prepared baking sheet and baking them for about 10 minutes. When they're ready, pull out the pan and set it aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the butter has melted and the mixture is light brown in color (like the color of the almonds). This should take about 7-10 minutes.
- Immediately spread the hot caramel mix evenly over the almonds. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Wait 1-2 minutes for the chocolate to get melty, then spread the chocolate chips in an even layer until smooth.
- Sprinkle the chocolate with pecans, then allow the toffee to cool for about 2 hours. Waiting is hard, but when it's completely cool, you can break it into pieces and start to package it up!