Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Q&A: Moco Photography

I recently received a piece from Moco Photography and I LOVE it! The photos transferred to wood are artsy, unique, and so beautiful that I just had to share them with you. Add them to your holiday wish list!

MocoPhotography on Etsy.com
Since I'm lucky enough to be the future sister-in-law of Molly Corbett, I got the inside scoop from the artist herself. Read on to learn more!

Q: What inspired you to start Moco Photography?
A: I've always enjoyed photography, and over the last handful of years I've been more interested in learning and experimenting with what makes a good photograph. Recently I decided that I wanted to do something different with my photos and I liked the idea of putting them on wood. I started researching the photo transfer process and decided to give it a try. I like the small 4x4 inch size and I love the look of a few of them on the wall together. A few people suggested I sell them so I went for it! 


Q: Can you share your favorite photo? What's the story behind it?

A: This is a tough one…a lot of my photos from vacations which bring back great memories but I think I'll have to go with the one of the California coast line. I took it at the halfway mark of a hike with friends near Point Reyes just north of San Francisco. I'm constantly impressed with the beauty of the California coast and this photo reminds me how lucky I am to live in such an amazing area of the country! 


Molly's Favorite- The California Coast

Q: Your photos make great gifts. What's on YOUR holiday wish list this year?

A: Honestly, I'm just looking forward to the two weeks off from my day job and a trip back East to spend time with family and friends. 


Q: Your photos are sold on Etsy. Do you also do custom orders?
A: I have done a couple custom orders for friends. I certainly won't say no to a custom order, but I've noticed that a lot of what is already on Etsy in this category is for custom orders and I wanted to stand out a little more by selling my own photos


A few works in progress
Molly, your photos are beautiful and I can't wait to collect more of your artwork! See you soon... xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment