Monday, January 12, 2015

Hopdoddy Hype

Image from Food and Feature (I was too busy enjoying my delicious meal to stop and take a picture!)
One of my goals in the New Year was to try new things, so this past weekend we braved the line and tried Hopdoddy. This burger bar gets rave reviews in the Austin area, and the South Congress location is known for the long line wrapping around the building- I was convinced that no burger could be that good!

The verdict: It was pretty amazing. Neal had a bison burger, while I went the more traditional route. We enjoyed a couple of delicious adult beverages while we waited in line and dined on fries with hatch chile queso once we had taken our seats. Although I'm not sure I'll be a regular (the line is a bit prohibitive), the food was delicious. 

If you can't make it to Hopdoddy, you can recreate a burger similar to their most indulgent menu item, the Primetime. Check out the recipe from Food and Wine, located here. The best part? You can indulge without the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment