What You'll Need:
3 28oz cans petite diced tomatoes
3 Tbsp tomato paste
1/3 bottle red wine
5-6 cloves garlic, diced
2 tsp dried oregano
2 Tbsp dried parsley
- Swirl 3-4 Tbsp olive oil in a dutch oven or stock pot (a few turns of the pan if you'd prefer not to measure), and heat on medium/high heat.
- Sauté the garlic in the olive oil until it becomes fragrant. Add the tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Pour about 1/3 bottle of wine into the pot, then pour a glass for yourself (the most important part!). You should never cook with wine you wouldn't drink!
- Sprinkle the oregano and parsley in, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lower heat and allow the sauce to simmer for about 30 minutes. While it's cooking, make your pasta.
The alcohol will cook off as the sauce cooks, and this sauce tastes perfect topped with a little bit of parmesan cheese! If chunky sauce isn't your thing, you can always use an immersion blender to mix it up and create a smooth texture. Enjoy!