What You'll Need:
4-5 garlic cloves, minced
1 small jar of sun-dried tomatoes in oil
1 lb chicken breast tenders, sliced into smaller pieces
1 cup half and half
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 lb. Gluten Free penne pasta
2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (use less or omit if you'd prefer less spice)
1 Tbsp dried basil
1/2 cup reserved pasta water
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp paprika
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the bag, then set aside (don't forget to reserve the pasta water!).
- Heat some of the oil from the jar of sun dried tomatoes in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes, cooking for about 1-2 minutes or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Remove the sun-dried tomatoes from the pan and slice them. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the paprika over the chicken breast, season with salt and pepper, then add them to the skillet.
- When the chicken looks about cooked, add the sun-dried tomatoes back into the skillet. Add the cheese and half and half, then allow it to cook/melt until a thick sauce forms.
- Add the red pepper flakes, basil, and a bit of the pasta water to thin out the sauce.
- Add the pasta back into the skillet, stir to coat, then allow it to simmer so that the flavors can meld a bit.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and add more red pepper flakes if you choose (I like a LOT of them!). Serve and enjoy hot.