- Restock the freezer. Prepping soups, cookie dough, and freezer-friendly meals in advance will allow you to get out and enjoy more sunshine when it finally arrives. Plus, a pot of soup or pasta sauce simmering on the stove will make your house smell divine!
- Get your spring cleaning done early. Tackle those tedious tasks like dusting fan blades and blinds while you're house-bound. After you've knocked out a few cleaning tasks, feel free to reward yourself with some of that Netflix binge-watching that we were trying to avoid. You earned it!
- Get organized. If you've cleaned the house from top to bottom, it's time to get organized. Sort through your closet and drawers and purge anything that you haven't worn/used in the past year. Need some more organizing tips? Click here.
- Prep for the months ahead. Now is a great time to queue up the birthday cards, anniversary cards, and wedding gifts that you'll need to send in the coming months. While you're at it, make plans to head to your friend's wedding in June, and book your airfare for that family picnic over 4th of July weekend.
- Go screen-free. Pour yourself a glass of wine and have your friends over for a game of scrabble or a fun game night. If it's too cold to rouse your neighbors, curl up on the couch and read a great book. Cold, dreary winter nights beg for a little relaxation!
Friday, March 6, 2015
Cold Weekend Fun
If the weather's getting you down, fill your weekend with productive indoor activities. Come Monday you'll feel like you accomplished something more than binge-watching Netflix, and when spring finally arrives you'll be ready to get out of the house!