Thinking about celebrations has brought back memories of a green pistachio cake that my mom used to make. It was a favorite of mine growing up,and although I haven't had it in a while, it's one of the tried and true recipes that my mom included in the cookbook that she recently compiled.
What You'll Need
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup flour
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
1 cup powdered sugar
8 oz cream cheese
12 oz Cool Whip, divided
2 packages of instant pistachio pudding
3 cups whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crumble the butter, flour, and nuts together, then press into the bottom of a 9x11 glass baking dish.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove and allow it to cool completely before moving to the next step.
- With an electric mixer, combine the powdered sugar and cream cheese together until well blended. Give it time to REALLY mix!
- Fold in about 2/3 of the Cool Whip and mix it at low speed until blended.
- Spread the cream cheese layer on the cooled crust.
- Mix the pudding mix and milk together until well blended (about 2 minutes), then allow it to set for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread the pudding over the cream cheese layer and top with the remaining Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 2 hours, then serve and enjoy.