I love coming home after a day at work, uncorking a bottle of wine, and leisurely preparing dinner, but on busy days it's hard to squeeze it all in! Prepping meals on Sunday, in advance of the week, cuts down on weeknight cooking time and frees up more space in my schedule for workouts, errands, etc. Plus, it's great for budget-friendly meal planning and keeps us from buying lots of unhealthy lunches during the week.
Here are some great make-ahead options:
- Grilled veggie/steak/chicken kabobs
- Grilled burgers or chicken- pack them up with some mixed greens, chopped tomatoes, and a scoop of guacamole for a healthy lunch!
- Snacks (No cooking required): Cherry tomatoes, carrot chips with guacamole, sliced apples with almond butter, beef jerky
- Vegetable enchiladas
- Tortilla soup with crispy tortilla strips
- Lasagna or a big pot of sauce so you can quickly whip up a yummy pasta dish mid-week