- Cleaning House. This isn't the most glamorous of tasks, but we're getting a new house ready for move-in and I want to give it a deep clean. I've got all the supplies ready (check out this Real Simple Checklist of Home Cleaning Supplies).
|These beautiful baubles are all on sale! Shop Stella & Dot and you earn Dot Dollars too!|
- Shopping Sales. Whether you're looking for a new lawnmower or new accessories for your summer wardrobe, this weekend is a great weekend to shop! Memorial day brings tons of sales, so if you're around town (or just have an internet connection), start shopping.
|Rudy's BBQ Image from Goodtaste.tv|
- Barebecue. We might not be attending a Memorial Day picnic, but we'll still be enjoying some barbecue this weekend! Rudy's is at the top of my list, but we may opt for Lambert's if we want a more upscale evening out.
- Packing. We're making a move across town, and even though it's not long distance we still have to pack everything up. I've been following a compressed version of this moving checklist and hopefully by the time I head back to work next week we'll be feeling settled in our new home!
|This guy did't come from Austin Pets Alive!, but he DID turn me into an animal lover.|
- Wine Tasting. This is a funny one to put on the list along with all sorts of moving activities, but I'm looking forward to taking a break from packing to attend a wine-tasting event benefitting Austin Pets Alive.
What's on your Memorial Day weekend agenda?