Crispy fried chicken is super yummy, but heating up a fryer mid-week can be a hot mess! I love the idea of simplifying my weekday cooking routine, so these make-ahead crispy chicken cutlets are perfect. You prep them in advance, then when you're ready, you can pop them in the oven for a health-isn baked chicken dish or quickly whip up something a little fancier like chicken parmesan.
What You'll Need:
10 chicken cutlets
4 cups GF panko-style breadcrumbs
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
GF flour for dredging
4 eggs, whisked
- Combine the breadcrumbs with the olive oil and salt. Spread them on a baking sheet and toast at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. The breadcrumbs should be golden brown.
- Pat the chicken cutlets dry and season with salt and pepper. Dredge them in the flour, then dip them in the egg before coating them with the toasted breadcrumbs.
- Place the coated chicken cutlets onto a piece of parchment and freeze for about 1 hour.
- Wrap the frozen chicken in the parchment and seal it in freezer bags.
- Mid-week, when you're ready for a yummy chicken dish, pull a cutlet or two out of the freezer, throw them on a baking sheet, and bake until cooked through at 400 degrees. Enjoy!
We served ours with a fresh caprese salad this week and it was the perfect weeknight meal! Healthy and quick to prepare, with almost no cleanup.