|Guacamole Greens from sweetgreen (Image from sweetgreen website)|
Since sweetgreen hasn't made its way south, I've been attempting to recreate some of my favorites. I like packing mason jar salads for lunch since it's an easy meal to prep ahead and it's totally tote-able. This week, we're having "Guacamole Greens". On the sweetgreen menu, it's described as: organic mesclun, red onion, tortilla chips, avocado, roasted chicken, fresh lime squeeze, and cilantro jalepeno vinaigrette. Mine is a variation on this concept, and it's VERY delicious!
What You'll Need:
1 Jalapeño, seeded and diced
Juice of 2-3 Limes
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1/4 cup olive oil
3-4 cups Mixed Greens
1/2 Red onion, diced
1 Orange bell pepper, diced (optional)
1 1/2 cups Grape tomatoes, halved
2 avocados, pitted and diced
2 cups roasted chicken, shredded
Tortilla chips (optional)
- Prepare the dressing by combining the jalapeño, lime juice, honey, cilantro, and olive oil in a food processor. Process until combined.
- Pour the dressing into the bottom of four mason jars, dividing it evenly amongst them.
- Add the red onion and tomatoes to each jar, again dividing the portions evenly among 4 jars.
- Add the diced bell pepper next. This is optional, but it adds healthy crunch, especially if you forego the tortilla chips.
- Layer in the roasted chicken, followed by the avocado.
- Top each jar with a big handful of greens. I used a mix of baby spinach, kale, and swiss chard. Tortilla chips go on the vey top before you seal it!
I find that the mason jar salads last for 3-4 days in the fridge, so it's a great option to prep ahead on Sundays. Plus, your coworkers will be jealous when you pull out such a healthy and delicious lunch!