What You'll Need:
1 1/2 cups crushed cookies or crackers (for the crust)
1/4 cup sugar
6 Tbsp butter, melted
Dash of salt
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 Tbsp loosely packed lemon zest
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
3 large egg yolks
1/4 cup buttermilk
- Prepare the crust by processing the crushed cookies or crackers in a food processor with the 1/4 cup of sugar and the dash of salt until finely crushed. Add the melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Press the crust mixture on the bottom, sides, and lip of a slightly greased pie plate. Freeze for 30 minutes to 1 hour while you prep the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk together the condensed milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Beat egg yolks in a medium bowl with a handheld mixer for about 5 minutes, then gradually whisk in the condensed milk mixture until combined.
- Whisk the buttermilk into the filling and pour it into the prepared crust.
- Bake the pie for about 25 minutes or until the filling is set around the edges. The pie will still be a bit jiggly.
- Allow the pie to cool on a wire rack for 1 hour, then cover it with lightly greased plastic wrap and freeze for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve the pie with sweetened whip cream- delish!