|Hamilton Pool is a swimming hole that I can't wait to visit! Image from RealtyAustin.com|
- Check out a free festival or an outdoor movie. As the weather warms up, there will me more and more festivals, concerts, and movies in the park, so keep an eye out! If you're in Austin, here's a great list of some free ideas for fun date nights around the city this weekend.
- Visit a Museum. Many museums offer discounted tickets or even free admission at select times of the week. Plus, if you're a Bank of America card holder, you can get free admission into a selection of Museums on the first weekend of every month through the Museums on Us program. A museum day is a fun way to beat the heat and take in some of the culture of your local area!
- Head to the library and pick up some new books. Maybe this isn't fun for everyone, but I LOVE books. Plus, libraries often host book talks, book signings, etc. so you can do more than just peruse the stacks. If you're in a big city like Boston, the public library is a destination
- Read those new library books outside while you sip a glass of wine! You don't have to go anywhere to relax and unwind. If I can't read a book with a fruity drink on a remote beach somewhere, then a book on a lounge chair with a glass of wine in my backyard will suffice.
- Take a hike with a friend. Kill two birds with one stone: exercise and catching up with a friend you rarely see. A "hike" up Mt. Bonnell or a slightly more strenuous trek through the greenbelt is a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
- Visit a local swimming hole. If you're in Texas, you're probably looking for a way to cool off. Check out this list of Austin's Best Swimming Holes and go take a dip! Not in Austin? Look for a swimming hole or even a ritzy country club pool near you and start swimming!
- Host an impromptu potluck. Skip a spendy dinner with friends and invite everyone over for an informal get-together. You provide the essentials (cutlery, plates, drinks, and a main dish) and let everyone else whip up one of their favorite dishes. Bonus points if you make it into a fun game night! Everyone loves a good game...