Friday, July 10, 2015

Get Out!

Brady's ready for some summer fun!
Warm summer nights are one of my favorite things, and I'll do just about anything to get out of the house and take advantage of the beautiful weather! Although a dinner al fresco is a great option, here are a few other get-out-of-the-house ideas:
  • Dog Date: One of my favorite things about Austin is that almost all restaurant patios are dog friendly. I'm looking forward to long walks around the lake followed by a quick bite to eat or a refreshing adult beverage while we lounge outside. 
  • First Thursday on South Congress: On the first Thursday of the month, South Congress is overrun with live music, craft vendors, and food. Take a stroll and enjoy the scene!
  • Catch a Drive in Movie: In Austin, the Blue Starlite Drive-In it the kitschy-est place to catch a movie- old or new. Bonus: they sell s'mores kits! 
  • Sunset Picnic at Mt. Bonnell: Even if you're not in Austin, you can use this idea. Pack up your favorite snacks (wine, cheese, crackers?) and head to the most picturesque spot in town. It's a budget-friendly and fun option! 
  • Improv at The New Movement: It's already getting hot, so although it's nice to be outside, a few moments in air conditioning are always welcome.  The New Movement is a talented group of actors, comedians, and writers who host nearly-free shows almost every week. 
  • Third Thursdays at the Blanton Museum: The museum stays open late on the third Thursday of every month. Enjoy a glass of wine and a bite to eat downtown and then peruse the rotating art collections as you digest.
  • Mini Golf: I'm no Jordan Speith, but I can definitely handle a round or two of mini golf. I got a hole in one last time I hit the greens at Peter Pan Mini Golf, and I'm ready to go back! Next time, I'm packing some tiny cans of Sophia Champagne- delightful!
Summer is full of concerts, BBQs, and other fun, but I hope that some of these ideas will inspire you to make every day count. Get off the couch and have some fun! What's on your weekend agenda?

No comments:

Post a Comment