|Brady's ready for some summer fun!|
- Dog Date: One of my favorite things about Austin is that almost all restaurant patios are dog friendly. I'm looking forward to long walks around the lake followed by a quick bite to eat or a refreshing adult beverage while we lounge outside.
- First Thursday on South Congress: On the first Thursday of the month, South Congress is overrun with live music, craft vendors, and food. Take a stroll and enjoy the scene!
- Catch a Drive in Movie: In Austin, the Blue Starlite Drive-In it the kitschy-est place to catch a movie- old or new. Bonus: they sell s'mores kits!
- Sunset Picnic at Mt. Bonnell: Even if you're not in Austin, you can use this idea. Pack up your favorite snacks (wine, cheese, crackers?) and head to the most picturesque spot in town. It's a budget-friendly and fun option!
- Improv at The New Movement: It's already getting hot, so although it's nice to be outside, a few moments in air conditioning are always welcome. The New Movement is a talented group of actors, comedians, and writers who host nearly-free shows almost every week.
- Third Thursdays at the Blanton Museum: The museum stays open late on the third Thursday of every month. Enjoy a glass of wine and a bite to eat downtown and then peruse the rotating art collections as you digest.
- Mini Golf: I'm no Jordan Speith, but I can definitely handle a round or two of mini golf. I got a hole in one last time I hit the greens at Peter Pan Mini Golf, and I'm ready to go back! Next time, I'm packing some tiny cans of Sophia Champagne- delightful!
Summer is full of concerts, BBQs, and other fun, but I hope that some of these ideas will inspire you to make every day count. Get off the couch and have some fun! What's on your weekend agenda?