Thursday, July 9, 2015

Roasty Toasty Hazlenuts


While dining out recently, I enjoyed a delicious dessert that was topped with toasted hazelnuts. I knew that I liked Nutella, but as it turns out, I LOVE raw roasted hazelnuts. They're easy to make at home, and they have become my go-to snack at work.

What You'll Need:
1-2 cups raw hazelnuts (also called filberts) from you local grocery store

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Spread the hazelnuts into a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until the skins start to blister. 
  3. Transfer the nuts onto a clean dish towel and gently rub them until the skins fall off (if they don't all come off, it's OK- they're edible). 
  4. Cool completely and store in an airtight container for snacking anytime!
In addition to eating them as-is, these little treats make a great topping for everything from freshly seared halibut to beet and goat cheese salad to ice cream sundaes!

No comments:

Post a Comment